The Exciting Health Benefits of Fat Include Saturated Fat
I am not a
doctor. The benefits of fat and cholesterol information listed below is for information
purposes only. It is not intended for medical use. It's based on
medical texts and journals, and is presented as an opinion. This is in
no way, shape or form intended to replace the valuable medical advice
you would receive from your doctor.
The Fat Paradox
There are some fascinating new findings about the benefits of fat. Contemporary science now shows that fat has the ability to cause weight loss, prevents brain abnormalities and improves cognitive function in older adults.
Dr. Atkins debunked
the low fat diet myth more than 30 years ago, and he was laughed at and
ridiculed. They're not laughing anymore. One of the most confusing and paradoxical benefits of fat is weight loss. It is now known that our
bodies are designed to handle large volumes of fat, including saturated
Our bodies have evolved for over 2.6 million years to eat saturated fat, without heart disease and without obesity.
saturated fat and cholesterol myth is incredibly pervasive. The
information below is going to turn everything you've learned about fat
and cholesterol inside out.
Please keep an open mind, and
be sure to watch the informational videos provided below. They will
give you an entirely new perspective on the powerful role that saturated fat and
cholesterol play in our diets.
The New Science
Modern nutritional scientists now teach that the low fat diet method is based on obsolete, antiquated science. Scientists
have now discovered that the benefits of fat include the prevention of
Alzheimer's Disease, heart disease, Parkinson's Disease, migraines, and autism.
Modern Nutritionists Now Understand That:
- Fat does not make you sick.
- Fat does not make you fat.
- Fat makes you thrive.
Coconut oil provides many natural benefits of fat.
Current science is now painting a completely different picture of the extraordinary benefits of fat, including saturated fat.
- Dr. Perricone states that a low fat diet is linked to depression.
- Dr. David Permutter states, "Your body is desperate for fat."
fat prevents blood sugar spikes when you're eating higher glycemic
- A fat-rich diet eliminates diabetes.
- Fat regulates the immune system.
- Bones need saturated fat to assimilate calcium.
There are Three Types of Fat:
- Saturated fat is solid at room temperate. Saturated fats include lard, beef tallow, coconut oil and palm oil.
- Monounsaturated oils are liquid at room temperature but are solid when they're refrigerated. Monounsaturated fats include olive oil, peanut oil and canola oil.
- Polyunsaturated oils are liquid even when refrigerated. Polyunsaturated oils include corn oil, soybean oil, safflower oil and sunflower oil.
In 1913, Russian pathologist Nikolaj Anitschkow did saturated fat studies on rabbits. Anitschkow proved that saturated fat created atherosclerosis as a result of feeding them massive amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat.
Rabbits are herbivores (plant eaters) and are not adapted to process saturated fat. Humans are omnivores, which means we eat both plant and animal sources of food. This rabbit study is faulty because you cannot compare an omnivore with an herbivore.
This study, along with many other studies conducted on herbivores caused researchers to believe that the same thing applied to humans. Later, when the same studies were conducted on dogs, who are carnivores, there were no problems with atherosclerosis or cholesterol. By then, it was too late. The idea of cholesterol and saturated fat being the cause of heart disease had already taken hold.
Click here for more on the rabbit study and the history of saturated fat.
Read The Big Fat Surprise, Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
by Nina Teicholz. She leaves no stone unturned in this brilliant essay on how early scientists got the saturated fat heart hypothesis wrong.
Doctors Have Gotten it Wrong Before
This is a commercial of doctors teaching the public to
Like the cigarette commercial, the low fat diet myth is wide-spread within the medical community. It has spread like wildfire across the country. We've come a long way, but we need to come
The latest current medical literature makes it very clear that fat is not only permitted,
it is an absolutely essential part of your diet. High glycemic carbohydrates, on the other hand, are not.
In 2010, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published
a study that surmised that saturated fat has no correlation whatsoever
to heart disease. In controlled studies, it was concluded that people
who ate saturated fat had a 19% lower risk for heart disease.
Watch Informative Saturated Fat & Cholesterol Video
For Our Hair Loss Diet Visitors:
The hair loss diet is not a
low fat diet. Your hair is synthesized
from hormones that are made from fat!
Health Benefits of Fat Include Saturated Fat:
- Saturated fat controls the breakdown of fats in the liver.
- Saturated fat protects cell membrane.
- Mother's milk contains 54% saturated fat.
- Saturated fat facilitates the absorption of fat soluble vitamins.
- Saturated fat pushes calcium into bone and prevents osteoporosis.
- Saturated fat signals hormone production.
- Cell membranes need saturated fat to be water proof.
- Saturated fat signals satiety (fullness) which controls weight.
- Saturated fat is a lung surfactant which prevents asthma.
- A low saturated fat diet is associated with degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease.
"Your body is a well-oiled machine"
Dr. Nicholas Perricone
Butter Consumption Has Dropped Over
the Last 40 Years
The USDA Pyramid is Upside Down!
This USDA food pyramid below is upside down. The pyramid states we should use oils sparingly. It mentions nothing about the health benefits of fat. It says that we should be eating six to eleven servings of grains per day. 11 servings is a massive amount of grains. Wheat causes auto immune disorders. The government is at least 50 years behind the current science.
The Cholesterol Myth Debunked
Fact: 75 percent of all heart attack victims have normal cholesterol levels.
I remember in the 1970s, doctors taught us to be afraid of the cholesterol in eggs. But think about this for a second: In the wild,
animals target eggs because they are so rich in nutrients. Animals operate
out of instinct and know what to eat and what not to eat.
Please read our egg page to learn more about the nutrition, health benefits and history of eggs.
Cholesterol is an essential component of every cell in the body, particularly the brain. The brain uses cholesterol and fatty acids to function. By using statins to lower cholesterol, the brain is unable to create new synapses. This phenomenon has been linked to neurological disorders of the brain.
Dr. David Perlmutter's Grain Brain teaches us that cholesterol-lowering
drugs contribute to dementia, mental confusion, memory loss, and other neurological
Click here to read a fascinating article about how statins and a low fat diet cause Alzheimer's Disease.
The sales of statins have reached over $30 billion per year. It would seem to me that massive profits play a role
in keeping the cholesterol myth alive.
Note: Dr. Permutter states that LDL is not the problem, it's the oxidation of LDL that's dangerous.
We know that saturated fat increases cholesterol levels in the body. Listed below are some of the many health benefits of cholesterol. As you can see by the comprehensive list, there are many life saving functions performed by cholesterol.
Health Benefits of Cholesterol
- The brain uses cholesterol and fatty acids to function.
- Cholesterol repairs the body's tissues.
- Cholesterol protects tissues from aging and cancer.
- 25% of all cholesterol is located in the brain.
- Cholesterol is a very potent antioxidant.
- Every cell membrane in the human body is formed by cholesterol.
- 1/5 of the brain is composed of cholesterol.
- Cholesterol intake is connected to improved memory.
- Cholesterol is needed to produce sex
hormones, bile, cell membranes and many other functions.
- Higher cholesterol levels are associated with longevity.
- Without cholesterol, our brains are unable to form neurons.
- Cholesterol is converted into sex hormones.
- Our skin turns cholesterol into Vitamin D.
- Cholesterol gives skin a healthy sheen.
- Cholesterol is necessary for learning and memory.
- Cholesterol is important for the immune system.
- Every cell in the body is capable of synthesizing cholesterol.
- Your body creates the vast majority of cholesterol in your system.
- Cholesterol neutralizes toxins produced by bacteria.
- Low cholesterol is associated with loss of libido and sexual function.
- Low cholesterol is associated with depression.
Please note: For our hair loss diet participants, we do not restrict the use of fat. Please remember moderation in all things. Always check with your doctor first before adjusting your diet.
The health and diet information at The Healthy Diet Paradise has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration, and is for basic information purposes only. If you have any medical issues or concerns, please contact your health care provider.
© Copyright 2011 - 2019
Sheree Gilkey is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com